USING THE BARN - WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
The Barn is a Community Asset restored and run by volunteers. Please take care of it.
Entering and Exiting the Barn
Please clear and clean the Barn ready for the next hirer if this is necessary and take any rubbish away with you - it must not be put in the nearby public litter bins. Cleaning tools are available in the lobby and toilet and cleaning fluids (together with spare toilet rolls) are in the cupboard in the toilet. The combination lock uses the same code as the front door lock – please ensure you lock the cupboard afterwards.
Disinfecting the Barn using the "fogger"
If you are a regular hirer and have been asked to use the fogging machine to disinfect the Barn, please use the PPE provided and watch the video. The machine is in the cupboard opposite the front door which is opened using the fob.
USING THE FACILITIES
- Outside lights - the outside light switch is the second one down to the left of the front door. It has a red light indicating “on”. When you leave, please turn this off and gently press the touch-button switch above it for about 10 seconds to turn the lights back on again for a few minutes as you go out.
- Heating - if you need more or less heat, use the “+” “-“ button on the wall thermostat near the cupboard in the large room. You won’t need to reset when you leave. To use the heater in the reception room switch, touch the top right of the timer. It will turn off after an hour. More detail here: Heating instructions
- Tables and chairs - there are tables in the large cupboard in the main room. When you clear up, please return tables to the cupboard and re-stack the chairs. Always place the larger circular tables flat down to fold legs – this prevents the mechanism from being bent. More detail here: Circular tables instructions
- PA and projector system – the PA is located inside the cupboard with the tables. Please bring your own 3.5mm aux lead. More detail here: Projector instructions PA instructions
- Fire alarm - if the Fire Alarm sounds, exit the building without delaying to gather items. Ensure that everyone is out and call the Fire Brigade. There are fire extinguishers but you should only use these if the fire is clearly very limited or if it is hampering your escape.
The Barn is in a residential area and we would ask that you minimise nuisance through noise or behaviour. The Barn is run by volunteers who may well not be available to answer queries you have on the day so if you have any please raise these before then.
We hope you have a successful hire! While you are in the Barn, have a look at the events and activities advertised and spread the word to your friends and neighbours so that everyone can enjoy what’s on offer.
Please promote the Barn – and feel free to review, here: http://bit.ly/2tSC3mk